Subject: [Leica] Mountain farms and foma/mamiya adventures
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Apr 25 03:46:49 2006

On 25/04/2006, at 4:01, Don Dory wrote:

>> http://tinyurl.com/o95a2

> Luis,
> I am transformed into the 1930's and a National Geographic
> arcticle.  Most
> excellent.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com

Don, the place pictured is important for me for various reasons and
it's a perfect example of fragile balance between conservation and
rational use of natural resources. I'm  going there frecuently and
I'm afraid because I feel it more threatened than ever, many of old
trees are dying and the original forest are shrinking, forestal
tracks are being improved and visitors in 4x4 vehicles are growing
exponentially at same time that an increasing amount of people is
buying land and building a-legally vacation houses near to the gorges
[ It's supossed that is a protected area  ]. At least visitors seems
to be more conscious nowadays than they were 20 years ago when I
landed there for first time.

I've spent many weekends there this year photographying the area, and
I will be a lot more in the foreseeable future, so it will be more to
come.
Thank you very much for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Mountain farms and foma/mamiya adventures)