Subject: [Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Thu Apr 20 09:47:28 2006

On 4/19/06, Tina Manley <images@infoave.net> wrote:
> What am I missing here?
>
> Tina

To be honest, I rather liked them.  There's a Rothko greeting card on my
fridge that caught my eye just as they came on the screen so that connection
was obvious, as Don remarked earlier.  Just different strokes.  I don't have
$1900 to spend for that kind of thing but a lot of people do.

As to the marketing issue, I have no doubt that PhotoEye knows exactly what
they're doing.  They're right up the road from me in Santa Fe and I visit
often.  The art market in Santa Fe is huge and very well defined.  The folks
at PE are very savvy about creating a market for their own artists and they
do a great job of it.  You can call it "greed" or you can call it good
marketing, same difference.

BTW, Tina, I loved the snowy Iranian desert shot.  Take away that train
station and it starts to look a little like a Rothko.  ;-)

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from dcm at pobox.com (David C Mason) ([Leica] Marialuisa Morando - $1900)