Subject: [Leica] Daily Dose of Spring LXIV Dogwood circle
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Apr 16 10:21:29 2006

At 12:51 PM 4/16/2006, you wrote:
>I only this year noticed the odd shapes the dogwood takes as the
>blossoms open. Thanks to Friday Flowers.
>
>Ric Carter

Do you know the legend of the dogwood tree?  This may be just a
Southern thing, but the legend goes that the Jesus' cross was made
from the wood of a dogwood tree, which at that time grew as straight
and tall as an oak.  Since then the dogwood has only grown stunted
and crooked, the blossoms are in the shape of a cross and the stain
on the end of each blossom represents Jesus' wounds.  That's the
story here in the Bible Belt.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com