Subject: [Leica] Hey B.D., what kind of B&W film do you like
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 20:52:50 2006

In a message dated 4/14/2006 10:30:15 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
walt@waltjohnson.com writes:

Sonny:

Was always under the impression the B&W "color films"  were just that,
color films without the layers. I've tried conversions on  several good
color films ( in PS) and just doesn't quite look the same.  The dye based
things seem a bit too smooth and even the current "silver  Gelatin" stuff
(as they say in the artsy craftsy circles) doesn't seem to  be as good.
Maybe I'm just prejudiced? Are you pleased with the resluts  you get?

I've never been really happy with conversions, though I have made a few
that
seemed to work.  The XP2 is quite nice if you get used to it.   GeeBee
shoots
much of his stuff with the c41 Eastman stuff  BWCN.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana