Subject: [Leica] why we photograph?
From: dcm at pobox.com (David C Mason)
Date: Mon Apr 10 08:21:46 2006

"B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@comcast.net> writes:

> not really, Gene - I never had a desire to do documentary drawing, or
> street drawing. Nor did I ever think, "I really want to draw my kids'
> birthday parties, but because I can't draw, I'll grab a camera - any moron
> can photograph."

Yes! This is exactly why I brought this up. I just can't imagine drawing
some of the subject matter I like to photograph (though some of it would
be excellent). I understand the drive to make art but I am not quite
sure I see the connection to drawing.

--

- Dave

Freedom and dignity spring from within the human heart...And inside
the human heart is where the impetus for political change must be
generated.    - Wesley Clark

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] why we photograph?)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] why we photograph?)