Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Issue 528
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Apr 9 06:47:33 2006

Nathan,

I agree with you. There is a certain cachet in owning expensive retro
products. Top tier men's magazines are
full of ads featuring mechanical Rolex watches, Waterman fountain pens, and
Morgan cars. The Leica M7
would fit in nicely. I suggest, however, that the M7 is too close to the
modern technological level. Better
would be a factory fresh LTM Leica of the Golden age, say a IIIF with a
collapsible f3.5 Elmar. I know about
the factory preseantation model of the Ur Leica, but they are just to
primitive to be functional. It would be
like offering a Rolex sundial.

Larry Z

---------

In other words, Forbes thinks that the future of Leica is in providing
male jewelry to people who have so much money that they need advice on
how to spend it...

Nathan