Subject: [Leica] New photo essay - Geneva
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 6 14:36:03 2006

Kelly McErlean showed:

> I have uploaded a new photo essay called 'One Day in Geneva'
> http://www.kellymcerlean.com/PhotographyFrameset.htm<<

Hello Kelly,
An interesting series of completely unrelated photographs! Yes you may well
have spent a day in Geneva, but these photographs are so unconnected with
your topic title with any visual indication where it really was. And even
though exposures appear Ok, composition isn't too bad either, they do not
have any correlation to what you posted as..."'One Day in Geneva"

These comments are not to be taken as mean spirited as many of us have shot
similarly and seen our work as pretty damn good, but that's only in our
mind's eye and not what we've photographed and presented.

It's a learning thing because we often let our "being there" along with the
emotions of the day effect our photo judgement. Certainly our editing!
Remember you are not alone in this case.

Hopefully you'll learn from this shoot and think about the pictures just as
that..."totally unrelated photographs" by putting the day spent and the
feelings of the day aside and look at the complete take as nothing more than
a collection of photographs. Do a re-edit and see what you come up with that
will indicate to viewers this truly is your look at "Geneva, Switzerland in
a day!"

ted