Subject: [Leica] still plugging along .... ahem.
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Apr 6 12:03:40 2006

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/bashir/bash1000.jpg
<http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/armedamerica/bashir/bash1000.jpg>

>> bashir and his tricked out AR-15 along with his
>> faithful sidekick cicso. who
>> eyed me with great suspicion when he wasn't
>> sitting on me.

>Kyle,
>Another fine shot. But I am unsure what
>frightens me most, Bashir, the gun ... or that
>dog!

>Thanks for posting.

Bashir = not scary at all. He was very very friendly. I'd never met him
before that night, but one of the other people I'd photographed gave me his
number. I had an assistant carrying a giant bag of lights and stands. When
Bashir answered the door, Cisco (the dog) was like "OH MY GOD! I HAVE NEVER
SEEN PEOPLE IN MY LIFE! OH MY GOD! THEY'RE THE BEST THING THAT WAS EVER MADE
ON EARTH! SWEET BARKING CHEESE! I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!" and he started leaping
up at us wagging his tail. I immediately leapt backwards screaming like a
girl "DON'T LICK ME!!!" my assistant, Phil, grabbed a hold of the dog and
wrestled him to the ground in the way that dog people do with dogs going
"oh! You want to wrestle! Good boy! Ooh! Who's the good boy! Yeah! Who's my
favorite dog!" and Cicso's tail wagged so fast I thought it was going to fly
off. And then ... Cisco ... Being so very excited ... Peed all over the
place.

He was definitely not a trained attack dog.

Then, during the photo shoot, Phil would bring the dog out, have him sit
down, jump out of the frame, I'd say "Cisco! Look at me!" Cisco would say
"OH MY GOD! I'VE NEVER SEEN HUMANS BEFORE! THAT HUMAN JUST CALLED MY NAME!
HE WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME!" and he'd run over, full tilt, smack his face into
me, beat his tail against the wall, curl around, and sit in my lap.

We did this ... oh ... About 70 times.

In one of them, Phil's just a bit off camera rubbing cicso's belly, and his
legs are sticking straight up in the air. He looks like a dead dog in a
cartoon.

kc