Subject: [Leica] Call to Prayer
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Apr 5 19:04:36 2006

At 09:32 PM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
>Keep one thing in mind - as much as I love the photo: You, Tina, know that
>it's a father whispering prayers and that he's Muslim. But to the viewer,
>it's simply a photo of an apparently loving father with baby - doesn't say
>Muslim, or prayer - or really even whispering. But it is, to me, a knock out
>shot of father and baby.

I totally agree.  From the aspect of the project, that's the whole
point.  We are all more alike than we are different.  Muslim fathers
love their babies and whisper in their ears - whether it's prayers or
baby talk doesn't really matter.  In the exhibit the photo will be in
the category of "Rites of Passage" because it's one of the biggies
-  Birth, Coming of Age, Marriage, Death - but it doesn't really
matter that he is Muslim or that what he is whispering is a
prayer.  It's a father with his newborn baby. I'm glad that's the way
you see it.

OK?

Tina

Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Call to Prayer)