Subject: [Leica] Re: DSLR complexity
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Apr 3 17:46:24 2006

At 06:20 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote:
>I suppose that in time it will all be clear to me, but with the loss
>of 300,000 brain cells a day, I hope that it will happen before I'm
>reduced to a gibbering idiot. If the long awaited digital Leica ever
>comes out with no more controls than an M3, I'll buy it in a minute.
>
>Failing that, I might buy an ergonomics textbook for the engineers at
>Olympus.
>
>Larry Z
Larry -  Do as Ted suggests and KISS - keep it simple!  If you shoot
in RAW, none of the other settings matter.  RAW is your digital
negative.  It captures exactly what the camera sees with no
adjustments or changes.  Save the RAW file and play with it later
when you are learning Photoshop.  If you think the camera is
complicated, wait until you see all of the options you have in
PSCS2.  But it's fun!!

Have fun!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP