Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Issue 497
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Apr 2 19:44:42 2006

Aram:  A year and a half ago, I compared DSLRs at Glazer's. The Pentax *ist
D was hands-down the easiest manual focus.  The Olympus E-1 was second
best.  The Canon 10D was third.  The Nikon D70 was last.  I did not test
the Canon and Nikon pro models, as there was no way I could afford them.

Best advice I can give you is to call Glazer's and Kenmore camera and ask
what they have in stock.  Then come on over to Seattle and try them
out.  We all do far too much pixel peeping about the digital
cameras.  Beyond some specialized functions, and the fact that Canon gives
the lowest noise available darkness photos, the most important thing is to
hold the cameras in your hand, look through the viewfinders, and ask
yourself, "will I be happy shooting this thing?"

And before you come over, give a shout.  I missed you when you were here
attending that workshop at Fred Hutch, which is a pity, since I can see it
from my building.

--Peter