Subject: [Leica] New Panasonic/Leica
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 2 14:01:36 2006

In a message dated 4/2/2006 8:44:39 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
bdcolen@comcast.net writes:

In fact,  the fact that both cameras
have the same small, dark SLR viewfinder, gives  the E-330 with its swiveling
"live view" screen - and it's magnified "B"  mode live screen, a very long,
strong leg up over the Panasonic, no matter  how enamored one is of the idea
of an old-fashioned shutter speed dial and  lens-based f stop adjustment.

Hmmm, well, since I am the apparent  enamored one, I'll just have to  keep
shooting film in my Leicas and digital with my Pentax ist Ds that happens
have a brilliant viewfinder, albeit one that doesn't flip, flop, and  float.

It by the way, happily accommodatesmy desire for lens based F  stop
adjustment,
even if it doesn't give me a plain ole shutter speed  wheel.

But then we are both guilty of "thread-spread" since Gerry simply asked if
the Panasonic camera had a glass or an electronic finder, and we gave him
information on two cameras he did not even mention!

Hmm.  "hread-spread"  I like it!

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com