Subject: [Leica] color film choices
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Sun Apr 2 07:16:08 2006

Thanks all for the responses about color negative film. I'd been
shooting Kodak UC 400 for quite some time and strangely enough seem to
be a minority of one. No matter how hard I work at converting color to
b&w it never seems the same as Tri-X or HP5.

There are quite a few good methods and Photoshop is an amazing invention
(especially to those of us like me and B.D., who started with wet
plates) but the look just isn't the same. The dye based films are so
smooth and fine grained today it is hard to pretend to be doing "slice
of life". :-D

thanks again

Walt