Subject: [Leica] Re: Canal boats
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Fri Mar 31 15:18:24 2006

This is a lovely photo, and I wish I had taken it. But it gives a slightly
misleading impression of the UK canals. During our academic stint in Wales,
we took several canal boat vacations in several parts of the UK. Most of the
canals are very narrow, only 14 to 16 feet wide with some even narrower. The
typical canal boat is only 6 feet wide and squeezing by an oncoming boat in
one of the narrower canals is a needle threading exercise. Sort of like
the swampy Irish canals with the ever present mist rolling in. Or perhaps
that was too much Old Bushnells the night before.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee) ([SPAM] [Leica] Re: Canal boats)