Subject: [Leica] Lightjet vs Epson 2400 K3 for B/W
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Thu Mar 30 12:21:22 2006

>Feli -  I have the 2400's big brother, the 4800.  The inks and
>everything are the same, the 4800 will just print larger sizes.  It
>does a beautiful job on glossy paper.  I don't think you would regret
>at all buying one.  Keep in mind though, though, that the printer is
>cheap compared to the inks and papers!  There are sites on the
>internet that will give you an approximate cost per print for the 2400.
>
>Have fun!
>
>Tina

Thanks Tina. It looks like the decision to buy the Epson isn't simple either.
I seem to remember a post a while back (it may have been from you) that
showed that past 300 prints the 4800 actually is the better deal, because
of the cost of ink. On the other hand I can't just plunk down the money for a
4800.

It's never simple, is it?
;-)

feli