Subject: PS Re: [Leica] Forget A couple of shots...
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Mar 30 11:16:37 2006

Lottermoser George <imagist3@mac.com> wrote:

>Because photography is all about appearances. How the world appears.

With all due respect, photography is about how we respond to appearances.
If the hajib means nothing to the viewer, then it shouldn't matter whether
the woman is wearing it or not.  And if the hajib means nothing, we have no
prejudices regarding the wearer.  That B.D. considers the photo stronger
because the woman is wearing the hajib reveals something about B.D. (and the
rest of us who responded similarly).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacrmaento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com