Subject: [Leica] About the Noctilux redux - now I've ruined it for Ted . . .
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 28 07:42:52 2006

Marty Deveney offered:
>>>I'm quite troubled by that, seeing as I have always found your 'no fuss'
>>>approach as inspiring as your photos. There's a certain ignominy in
>>>having sown the seeds of doubt after 30+ years of blissful Noctilux usage
>>>. . . <<<

Hi Marty,
Not to be concerned as I've learned over the years there is so much about
photography that I don't have a clue about at times I've wondered how I ever
survived as long as I have.

I suppose my lack of unknown quantities have been a blessing in a way,
simply because not knowing the technical aspects as many others understand,
my actions were and still are done by "gut feeling and simple visual
motivation without thought."

But I do enjoy learning about the aspects as you've explained and find it
very interesting, even though at times I'm still not too bright when it
comes to understanding them. Probably because I've always taken photography
as an "emotional visual action" and not technical.

Thanks again, as your last post put any doubts away forever and I shall
carry on by emotion as though I never read any of it. :-)
ted