Subject: [Leica] Re: Technology lifetimes
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Fri Mar 24 18:20:48 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 7:03 PM, lrzeitlin@optonline.net wrote:

> Speaking of new equipment, I just bought a 20" Apple MacIntel
> computer and it is a real joy to use. The best ever. I can't wait
> until a native version of Photoshop is available.

Larry,

You and every other PS professional! Until then the "old" G5s will
have to do for me.

But a good point on the durability of technology, with the caveat
that cheap junk is always cheap junk and seldom durable. This group
knows that buying quality gear is almost always the best choice, if
one can afford it. One of the nice things about the four Apple
laptops I've had is that I have, in every case, gotten to where I
needed a newer or faster tool before they developed any problems.

I sold my Olympus E-10 and E-20n when the state of the art progressed
sufficiently. Both are still working perfectly, as far as I know. In
fact, the Olympus C2500, the first digital camera I used (2.5MP), was
working fine when excessed last year.

Typed on a 12" G4 that'll last me at least three more years...

Will von Dauster