Subject: [Leica] Re: Technical vs. artistic skill
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Fri Mar 24 17:20:15 2006

> Skill with the mechanics of a camera has nothing to do with
> artistic vision.
> Larry Z

Ah, but combine a hard-won knowledge of the former with the gift of the
latter. Some of the new camera mechanics we're being blessed with in the
market place is like getting your hands on a Stradivarius.

Every advance in cameras these days makes me want what is around the next
bend. Cameras are turning into computers that you can attach a lens to. The
possibilities are multiplying fast. I'm now waiting for the interface from
my computer to the camera that will let me make my own "Scene" modes, upload
them to the camera, and select them later with the press of button. I can
"Hotsync" my PDA with my PC. Why not my camera?

The 200 page manual for my Olympus E-330 is great night-time reading to put
me to sleep. But almost every time I read it, I find there a new combination
of possibilities where "mechanics" can fulfill the "artistic vision" in a
new way.

Gary Todoroff