Subject: [Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Mar 23 07:15:59 2006

On 3/23/06, B. D. Colen <bdcolen@comcast.net> wrote:

> As to current cameras having a six month shelf-life, saying that is about
> as
> silly as saying that film is going to come back and supplant digital as the
> dominant technology.

Not really. Digital cameras have a 6 month shelf-life, no doubt about it.

But I understand that as follows:

1) A model cannot sit on the shelf of a dealer more than 6 months
without becoming outdated.

2) Once taken off the shelf and sold, it has a very long usage life
(much, much longer than its shelf-life). My digital camera hasn't been
on the shelves for over a year, I'm sure (Nikon D100). But there's
still enough life in it that I don't feel like I have to run out and
replace it. (Mind you, I like that D200 if I ever did decide to
replace it).

Daniel

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE)