Subject: [Leica] Capa
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (PHC)
Date: Wed Mar 22 06:44:41 2006

Since we're talking of Capa, I've been astonished recently to see how
his work improved over the course of his career. If you look, for
instance, at the pictures he took of Hemingway in Valencia during the
Civil War and compare them to the portraits of Picasso with his young
son he took much later, the difference is incredible.

I often get the impression that a photographer's eye is fully developed
within a few years, and that most produce their best work early on.
Certainly not the case with el Roberto.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter