Subject: [Leica] enough with Olympus DSLR postings PLEASE
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Mar 20 08:53:19 2006

On 3/20/06, Jeffery Smith <jsmith342@cox.net> wrote:
>  I was considering getting an old 50/3.5 Elmar and am glad that I didn't.
>  The elements are too small for John Van Stelten to polish! Right now, the
> 50/3.5
>  Heliar is closest to the retro look in a contemporary lens.
>
> Jeffery

Psssttt ... I didn't want to mention it because it was off-topic ...
but the shot I posted this week:

http://dlridings.se/paw/2006/11.html

That was with a Russian cousin to the 50/3.5 Elmar. It was with an
Industar-50, the collapsible one. It cost me a whopping $28. I priced
the 50/3.5 newer Elmars (I have an uncoated, unnumbered one from the
early 30'ies) and really couldn't be sure they would be that much
better than my trusty uncoated one.

So I went with the Industar. It's coated and clean as a whistle. No
fungus worries etc.

Daniel

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Russian Elmar copy)