Subject: [Leica] Olympus = OT
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Mar 19 19:38:07 2006

I would hope we'd allow these threads to wend their way around.

We live in one of the most dynamic times in the history of
photography. Digital cameras are evolving incredibly fast as are
lenses for them and the devices to print those images.

Discussing the cameras that are defining the marketplace is a part of
the culture in which Leica lives. The DMR and the upcoming Digital M,
the Panasonic variants under the Leica name, all are informed by the
marketplace and so discussing these cameras, looking at the  images
produced by skill photographers, using them in situations which are
clearly those for which the M has been traditionally used.

We've talked about various printing papers for digital printers too
and since Leica makes no such printer they  might be as much off
topic. But I make digital prints from Leica images. So I think they
are relevent too.

It's a fact though that over the past few years the quantity of purely
Leica discussions on this list have declined. And perhaps that's
because Leica is becoming a backwater in the current photographic
marketplace. Still great optics but living mostly in the film world.

Adam

Message from johan at cig.se (Johan Ericson) ([Leica] Olympus = OT)