Subject: [Leica] crowd shot
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 14 09:05:44 2006

In a message dated 3/14/2006 10:49:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:
Sonny showed:
Subject: crowd  shot
http://www.sonc.com/crowd_shot.htm<<<

Hi Sonny,
First  re-action? And I hate to say it to an experienced photographer like
yerself,  however mon ami........ You focused in the wrong place!!! :-(

I know I  may well rue the day saying that when you get one on me, but I find
all those  out of focus people in the foreground just too disturbing!  /
distracting!

I'd have focused on the near people and let everything  drop away from there
rather than reaching part way into the crowd in an  out-in-out areas of
focus.

The out of focus folks in the near  foreground create a visual distraction,
that if they were in focus then  dropping away to the complete background it
would've made the crowd look even  greater.

OK old buddy come back. ;-)

ted
---------------------------

Sometimes I like to play with shots that  are not perfection.  It gets even
worse: this is a crop from the right side  of the frame.  So, not to save
it,
but to find the picxture within, I  decided to break a few rules.

What I saw when looking at the negative was  that nothing was truly sharp,
but there are several enthusiastic people along  the periphery of the scene,
sleeping baby, some almost bored.

So  I was framing the whole thing with the more enthusiastic fans who were
out of  focus.  Make sense?

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com