Subject: [Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 12 08:23:57 2006

B. D. showed:

> Spent today shooting with a group of people at the abandoned Bethlehem
> Steel Works, in Bethlehem, PA. Not my usual kind of thing, but fascinating
> and challenging. All wide photos shot with the Olympus E-330 and the 11-22
>  > f 2.8/3.5 lens. Long stuff shot with the Olympus E-1 and the 35-100 f 2
> (70-100 35 equiv.) <<<<

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album370<<<

Hi B. D.,
Very interesting, spooky, emotional and magical all rolled into one. There's
always something eerie about old factories shut down for many years, they
kind of draw you in looking for what made them tick in production.

At times I find them dis-quieting in their silence and yet want to stay to
look & look & look again, simply because they draw you in with a strange
kind of light and form.

Well done, I don't suppose you could get a shot at it on your own with one
of the custodians as a guide?  Being alone eliminates the distractions of
voice and movements of others, particularly when it's just at a moment you
have this great visual lined up and some one breaks in with... "ok we've got
to move on." Aaaaaakkkkkkkkkk kill! ;-)

Very nice series and moody as it should be. Good on you.

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Photos from the Bethlehem Steel Works)