Subject: [Leica] Another 50 9th Ward Images
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat Mar 11 15:48:16 2006

I'm done shooting in the Lower Ninth Ward. And all of the publicity in the
past few weeks has created some positive results. They are now bulldozing
some houses and trying to find the hundreds of lower 9th ward residents who
are still unaccounted for. It is likely that most or all of them are in
attics and under debris. Corpses in the Lakeview area are being found in
bathtubs covered with mattresses (something people are told to do in case of
severe hurricanes and tornadoes). The number of people unaccounted for
Louisiana and Mississippi is in the thousands. When Feli and I walked
through the deserted neighborhood, Feli could detect the smell of corpses in
several places. My nose is 20 years older and not as sensitive.

This will take you to image 61. I'm up to 110 so far.

http://www.400tx.com/9th-61.html

Feedback of all kinds is welcomed. After about 20 rolls of film down there,
I feel like I've learned a lot but still have a lot to learn. Most of these
latter shots were taken with a 50/2.8 Elmar (most recent version).

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Another 50 9th Ward Images)