Subject: COMMENT AND THREE NEW PIX" Re: [Leica] Cape Cod in Winter - Part 2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 7 21:43:39 2006

Richard S. Taylor showed:
>>THREE NEW PIX" Re: [Leica] Cape Cod in Winter - Part 2

> However, faced with this tight cropping of one of my 15mm shots (making it
> about a 35mm shot)
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/CAPE_COD/5_16A_0188_web
>
> B.D. said essentially "much better, Richard,"  and Ted said something
> along the lines of "Geez, you've got the 15 on the camera, make use of
> it," e.g.,
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/CAPE_COD/5_16A_0188_crop2_web
> > What's a guy to do???   :-)<<<<<<

Hi Dick
Listen to me because I'm the older and wiser brother! ;-) :-)

> In any case, here's three more from this series. >
> >http://gallery.leica-users.org/CAPE_COD/4_31A_0167_web
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/CAPE_COD/4_26A_0162_web
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/CAPE_COD/4_34A_0170_web

I like all 3 pictures, but what I'm more impressed with is.... "your
technical handling in holding the camera!" Given you've only used the 15mm
lens a short period of time it appears you've got the vertical and
horizontal handling on the mark.

The 15mm is no easy lens to use anytime, as many on the list can attest to.
But you've knocked these off very nicely in quick order for handling
technique. If one considers the amount of vertical and horizontal lines in
these buildings and how you've shot them, "looking normal" you've done a
damn fine job.

Certainly in capturing the Cape at it's bleakest looking time.

Well done, good on you.

ted

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) (COMMENT AND THREE NEW PIX" Re: [Leica] Cape Cod in Winter - Part 2)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Cape Cod in Winter)