Subject: [Leica] Re: Check your parachute Dep't and Photographer Fukuyama
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 6 23:56:46 2006

In a message dated 3/6/06 11:10:46 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> Try photographing a Great Horned Owl near its nest then try telling me
> that
> photographing birds is without hazards!? British wildlife photographer
> Eric
> Hosking lost an eye to a closely related owl.

Most photographers I know shoot owls with a 400mm lens. When they get
'close'
they use a 200mm lens. If Hosking wants to make an omelet he should buy eggs
in a store. Birds evolved from mean flying dinosaurs. But, then, so did
chickens, which explains why I'm a vegetarian.

OT: Did anyone watch the interview with political scientist and historian
Fukuyama on C-SPAN? He displayed his basement portrait studio. He uses a
Mamiya
large neg and then scans it to print, mostly in B&W. He was talking about a
50MB file for starters. Whatever he does, he does well. Including making
fine
18th century furniture. He also writes books, teaches, lectures around the
country, and serves on quasi-governmental boards. The interview? He didn't
do a very
good job explaining the ideas of philosopher Hegel, but he didn't want to
lose me to coffee and Danish.

Bob R

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] Re: Check your parachute Dep't and Photographer Fukuyama)
Reply from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Re: Check your parachute Dep't and Photographer Fukuyama)