Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW 9 On the bus
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Mar 5 05:22:37 2006

Sonny (SonC) sent me a roll of Natura 1600 which is a Japanese home market
film by Fuji.  I was never in a place that required 1600 speed film so it
lounged in my bag for several weeks.  Anyway, at PMA riding a bus back to
the hotel late at night was a perfect opportunity to use the roll.  This is
some seriously good print film.  Sharp, ability to handle wierd color
combinations, very fine tight grain, and a great ability to control a very
wide dynamic range.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album337/PMAbustalker

The light in the bus was a combination of flourescent and tungsten with the
normal sodium light from the street as well as a bit of neon from the shops
we were passing.  Probably shot at 1/8 at 1.4 with a Summilux.  I did have
to do some serious color adjustments to bring the skin tones to anything
resembling normal.  I have another shot taken in a theatre where all the
light was tungsten and I was able to bring the skin tones down to good tan
from lobster red with the rest of the colors becoming believable.

I do think that the Fuji 1600 film they sell here (U.S) is one generation
removed as the differences are in the details not the signature.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com