Subject: [Leica] digital virgin
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri Mar 3 15:35:13 2006

At 06:16 PM 3/3/2006, you wrote:
>That said - download the free Adobe
>DNG converter and use it to bring in your raw files from camera or card.
>They will come in as DNG files, and you can work with them just like raw
>files. The big advantage is that you have the option of setting the DNG
>converter for lossless compression, and the files will be stored in much
>less space than RAW files but with no other functional difference.

Good idea, BD.  All of my files are converted to DNG first.  I'm
still embedding the original file for the time being but will
probably quit doing that as I learn to trust DNG.  It's really a good
idea and I see no downsides.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] digital virgin)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] digital virgin)