Subject: [Leica] PMA report
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Mar 2 20:06:12 2006

Don Dory writes in part:

> Epson showed the V700 which is a flat bed scanner capable of 6400dpi
> optically on a scan bed covering 8X10.  Film holders would include
> 35mmthrough 8X10.  Price point was $549.  Silverfast is the
> interface software.
> At a $799 price point you also recieved a better software package
> and an adapter to scan in a wet mount.

Don,

I've been considering how to scan 127 film (got the film, waiting for the
camera) when the only scanner I own is a Nikon Coolscan 4000. My enlargers
are both V35's so the darkroom is out, gotta scan the 127 slide film or
setup my projector.

To your mind, is this flat bed scanner a viable option for medium and larger
format trans. and film? I see you quote a 6400 dpi capability. $549 is about
what the negative holders cost here.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] PMA report)