Subject: [Leica] Jupiter 12 update/LTM 35's?
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Thu Mar 2 14:37:07 2006

Greg, didn't you get one of these a while back?
I'm looking to replace my LTM Summaron that has etched glass. Either I'll
get another Summaron, the CV 35/2.5 classic, or try the biogon knock-off.
The big plus with the 3.5 summaron is the low profile (especially on a
Barnack), but the haze/etch factor makes shopping at the auction site chancy.
I'm thinking the CV 35 classic will be sharper but more contrasty, but I
prefer the older flatter look, thinking its better to have more range of
grey to start with than less (after all, what is PhotoShop for but to tweak
curves?).
The Jupiter 12 may have the look I want, but it appears to be huge where I
want inconspicuous.
All input valued, and if you've got a clean 3.5 Summaron you'd like to sell
reach me off-list.
H. Arche

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Jupiter 12 update/LTM 35's?)