Subject: [Leica] treating photos for newspaper
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 28 12:24:02 2006

brad daly asked:

> i've been doing some shooting for a local alternative weekly, and  i've
> been somewhat disappointed with the way my photos look in the  paper.
> generally it's the lack of contrast that gets me.  everything  is just
> flat and dull, dull, dull.<<<<<<

Hi Brad,
Not likely you can do anything but make your prints extra contrasty whether
you like the look or not. If this is a weekly their reproduction department
aren't going to the length of a slick magazine to create wonderful looking
works of photography.

It's the real world of weekly newspaper economics. It's best to take yer
money, run and don't look back!

Besides chances are if your picture space could be sold for advertising your
picture would be on the cutting room floor and never see the light of the
news stand.

ted

Replies: Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] treating photos for newspaper)