Subject: [Leica] treating photos for newspaper
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Feb 28 12:15:29 2006

At 02:38 PM 2/28/2006, you wrote:
>i've been doing some shooting for a local alternative weekly, and
>i've been somewhat disappointed with the way my photos look in the
>paper.  generally it's the lack of contrast that gets me.  everything
>is just flat and dull, dull, dull.

Do all of the photos in the paper look that way or just yours?  If
they are reducing the contrast at the paper there's nothing you can
do about it.  If it's only yours that look dull, try increasing the
contrast before you send them in.  Look at Levels and be sure that
the histogram extends all the way to both ends of the scale.  If not,
pull the arrows in to where the histogram starts.  Use Curves to
increase the contrast.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com