Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 8: Chapel Light
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Mon Feb 27 15:23:03 2006

Philippe,

Autoexposure?  Only sort of...With the LX1 (aka "frugal person's d-lux2") I
generally leave it in "Program" mode and use the AE/AF lock, aiming at a
suitable tone at the right distance.  Then I'm free to reframe all I
want.  After taking the first frame, I look at the histogram and change the
exp comp if necessary to the already-locked AE/AF.  It's pretty fast and
works pretty well for me.  If I want to control the aperture or shutter
speed then I put it in aperture-priority or shutter-priority and do the
same thing.

To me, it's like using a "real" camera...first you set exposure and focus,
then you shoot.

Thanks for commenting,
Aaron

Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Aaron's PAW 8: Chapel Light)