Subject: [Leica] more portraits: americans and their firearms
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Feb 26 22:43:15 2006

In a message dated 2/27/2006 12:32:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,
pklein@2alpha.net writes:

*  Tina:  Please don't shatter my illusions.  Please don't tell me that  in
between stints creating heartwarming humanitarian pictures of beautiful
people in third world countries, you shoot varmints in the woods.   :-)

==========
My Mother was an Registered Nurse, and  worked in neo-natal most of  her
career. Anyhow, once when I was a young teenager, we were visiting my
grandparent's farm.

 My cousin and I went out to the henhouse to collect eggs; when we got
there, the birds were squawking and flapping all over the place.   We looked
in and
saw a big snake helping himself to the eggs.

I headed back to the house and told my Mom.  She grabbed the 22 rifle  from
behind the door, went out there and killed it with one shot.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana