Subject: [Leica] Re: Olympus/Panasonic/Leica 4/3
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (lrzeitlin@optonline.net)
Date: Sun Feb 26 15:13:55 2006

<<More details on the new camera can be found here:
http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/panasonic/lumix_dmcl1/slr_camera.html

I live in a backwater of the Hudson Valley and I confess to never having
seen a 4/3 camera in the flesh. When I looked at pictures of the Panasonic
version in the above URL, the lens mount looked suspiciously like the mount
on my old Pen F. When I exhumed my old Pen from the storage drawer and
compared the mounts, they look very much alike. I know that the 4/3 mount
has electrical contacts that are absent on the Pen, but are the flange
dimensions and back focus alike?

I also have the Pen to OM camera adapter. If the adaptor can be fitted to
the 4/3 camera, all of my old and very good OM lenses may also fit. The
adapter looks identical to the one currently being offered for using OM
lenses on the Oly E-300.

Questions, questions.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Re: Olympus/Panasonic/Leica 4/3)