Subject: [Leica] if i met myself, i'd ask for my autograph
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 24 10:22:50 2006

> kyle cassidy wrote:
> the portrait project continues. shockingly, in the last three days i've
> gotten about a hundred emails from people who want to participate. this is
> going to turn into a road trip. well, multiple road trips. i think my
> first will be to georgia via d.c. -- but that's a couple months away. in
> the meantime -- philly area.
>anthony, an ex marine sniper, the lovely portia, and their two dogs, yumi
>and leeloo.
>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/ago/portia-anthony/portia-ant-4.jpg

Kyle,
Given the gun fascination of your country you may well be onto a major book
project. Quite frankly I'd be very quick to put the idea and some photos
before a major publisher immediately! Acquire a contract and large advance
to cover travel etc and make this the project of the next 6 months or so
touring the country.

As you say, in the matter of a few days you have hundreds of e-mails from
potential participants, so if you don't move your ass right smartly someone
else will be on it like wild fire and you'll loose a great book release and
idea!

As I said above, "Given the gun fascination and laws of your country" a book
of this nature can't miss, it could possibly become a best seller.

If you don't get cracking I don't want to come back and say..."I told you
so!" when someone else beats you to "the gun!" ;-)

ted.

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] if i met myself, i'd ask for my autograph)
Reply from jwlee01 at gmail.com (John Lee) ([Leica] if i met myself, i'd ask for my autograph)
Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] if i met myself, i'd ask for my autograph)