Subject: [Leica] OT Squamish
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu Feb 23 09:42:43 2006

At 7:15 AM +0000 2/23/06, jon.stanton@comcast.net wrote:
>I have recently been offered a short term assignment as a Tax
>Accountant in Squamish, BC...  from 4/17-4/30  (USA taxes end on
>4/17...Canadian 4/30)  From everything I hear it is a gorgeous area
>to visit....Already packing my sleeping bag, tent and (film)
>camera....Although I am sure rooming accommodations will be
>offered...I love to explore...
>
>Has anyone visited the area recently?
>
>Thanks in advance

I've been working on some residential developments there in the last year,
so go there once in a while; it's an hour's drive north of Vancouver
along the 'Sea to Sky' highway. That means that if you look at the
sky, or the mountains too much, you'll land in the sea. A fantastic
drive though along Howe Sound on the West and sheer mountains on the
East.

Squamish is growing tremendously, especially since some of the pulp
mill and sawmills in the area are closing down. It doesn't smell so
bad anymore, and thus has become a lot more attractive as a place to
live. The road is being upgraded as part of the preparations for the
2010 Olympics, and the whole area is going from a small single
industry town to a significant semi-suburban area with accommodation
for nearby Whistler and those people who only need to come to the
city once or twice a week and prefer closer contact to the mountains,
both for hiking and skiing and the ocean.

I am going out of town starting on the 20th of April, but send me a
note or give me a call when you get here.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design