Subject: [Leica] Portable tripods Suggestions - Bogen Manfrotto prefered
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Feb 16 01:49:06 2006

Didier Ludwig <rangefinder@screengang.com> wrote:

>>I never thought of a monopod, having read that poor tripod support
>>is often worse than no support at all.
>
> Not shure. When I was at last years Letzigrund Athletic Meeting, one of
> the four traditionnal annual athletic
> events beside the olympic games and world championships, mostly all of the
> sport photogs, and they must have
> been more than hundred, used monopods, carrying their heavy Canon and
> Nikon teles.
>
>Didier

Tripods are generally not allowed at major athletic events because people
trip over 'em too easily - however I find the monopod combined with a
shoulder stock to be ideal for most of my long-lens work where subject
motion limits the utility of slow shutter speeds.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com