Subject: [Leica] not PAW
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Feb 10 09:07:06 2006

Ric Carter <ricc@mindspring.com> wrote:

>All are really very nice. Do spend lots of time in a blind?

Very little.  None of these were made using a blind.  I much prefer working
without a blind because it's much easier to adapt to lighting or to
compositional opportunities that I hadn't expected when I had set the blind
up.

>Do you find shooting in hand portraits a relief or a let down?

Different.  It's a way to get photos that would be virtually impossible in
the wild.  I'd rather work with wild birds but I'll make my photos in
whatever way I can.

Thanks for the comments.