Subject: [Leica] Lone posey - a return to the analog domain
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Feb 9 11:14:15 2006

Last weekend I was walking some proofs down the street and took along
the M6 with the 35mm f/2 and some Tri-X @ 400.

I took a lot of pictures but I liked this one simply because of the
single blossom amid the hodge-podge of ground cover:

<http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2006/02/05/TX400-2006-02-05-Davis-6.jpg>

I processed this in XTOL 1:3 @ 68 degrees, manually. But this time I
played with the agitation, reasoning that in its stronger
concentration at the start of processing I should agitate more and
then, as the developer was moving toward exhaustion, agitation should
be curtailed so I agitated every 30 seconds for the first 4 minutes
and then every minute there-after.

I like the tonality although in a scanned image who can say for sure?
Plus I have to use VueScan because the Nikon software for my 4000
won't run on my quad G5, dies horribly, no response from Nikon when I
ask for help. My development was for 12 minutes.

So comments are welcome. I shot T-Max while I was down in Collinsville
and will probably have something to share and compare to digital in
the next couple of days which should let people see what they want to
see! <grin>

Comments on any phase of this image are, of course, welcome and desired.

Best regards to all

Adam

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Lone posey - a return to the analog domain)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Lone posey - a return to the analog domain)