Subject: [Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Feb 6 23:40:07 2006

On 07/02/2006, at 1:38, Frank Filippone wrote:

> I never was a Kodak Man....
> I have, up to now, used Ilford, MG IV FB Glossy.  Also Same, but
> WT.  The
> cold paper does not tone.  The WT does tone.

Ilford makes great stuff, I used to have their papers for neutral
tones (with neutol or eukobrom) and agfa for a creamy base. Here we
had not problems to keep having agfa's stuff but it seems that we
should move on to other manufacturers

> I m trying out some new papers... Forte and Kentmere to replace
> them.  The
> 2 new papers are less costly.  I may return to my Ilford Standards.

Kentmere is more expensive than Ilford over here.
Foma and Maco FB papers also deserves a try. Ilford is the point of
reference for my prints, I usually take prints made on Ilford  paper
to consider if it will look better - or not - on another paper.

> Dektol 1:2.
> Kodak Rapid Fix.
> KRST 1:9 Selenium Toned for 5 minutes for archival standards, not
> color
> enhancement.

I'm switching to LP chemicals for print processing and I'm quite happy.

Replies: Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Tina and Digital (was, Enlarger)