Subject: [Leica] Recommendations for an enlarger
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Feb 5 20:50:33 2006

Adam Bridge writes:

> What would I be likely to pay for the V35 Greg?

Adam,

A quick check of FleaBay shows one current auction. See Item: 7587887901

One recently completed auction. See Item: 7583255769

I purchased mine a few years back for around $2,000 US. The newer 'Leica'
version sells for more than the older 'Leitz' version. I've got one of each
and there is no difference in how they operate. The big cost is shipping one
of these units from one country to the next. So I'd try to find a local
seller. Make sure that you get at least one neg carrier with the enlarger
you purchase.

If you run into someone 'clearing out their darkroom' because they are going
'digital' they'll usually sell for less (than regret it later).

I use my primary (Leica) enlarger with the Schneider 40/2.8 lens and a
Heiland Splitgrade unit to avoid wasting time running test strips. The
Heiland unit is worth every penny I paid for it and is best purchased
directly from Jurgen Heiland. He doubled my warranty period and sold me the
unit for a lot less than it would have cost me from the US Distributor.
Still no official Distributer for Canada.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Recommendations for an enlarger)