Subject: [Leica] Re: My Kid's Wedding.....
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Sat Feb 4 11:43:21 2006

I say don't do this. Leave the camera at home.

I have on several occasions photographed friend's weddings as a gift to
them. I approach the occasion as a professional assignment because, for
them, the most important thing is HOW THE PICTURES TURN OUT, not HOW I FELT
DOING IT!

Unless you are a very unusual person, I do not believe you will truly
experience the day as father of the groom & head of your family while also
trying your best to make great pictures.

And your son and -- more important -- the in-laws/outlaws -- will always
associate the day & you with your futzing around with your Leica, instead of
being Sonny Boy's proud father. Ask your son and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong...

There are times when a camera is one's passport into a deeper appreciation
of a  situation. There are times when a camera is a barrier. I think this is
of the latter ilk.

Go & enjoy, and let the hired shooter do his job.

Emanuel