Subject: [Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occas...
From: lkhermann at bresnan.net (lkhermann)
Date: Sun Jan 29 16:55:06 2006

>While we are well and truly off-topic, I wish they would make a
>modern sports cars with NARROW tires. Something I can have fun with
>at near legal speeds rather than having to top the ton before things
>get interesting. Hell the only time I have a great drive these days
>is when it is either snowing or raining. I don't want to be able to
>generate over a G in lateral force. A nice 0.7 ish with a neutral
>feel that can be nudged into oversteer with a bit of throttle would
>be very nice indeed thank you.
>
>I guess that is why I only use two wheels when I want to have fun now.
>
>John Collier

I guess that all you real sports car drivers look at my 1960 A-H Sprite
with hostile and some what critical eyes, but it does have narrow tires as
well as bug eyes.  It is certainly light and handles very well.  At 55 on
the interstate it gets 55 mpg not bad.  It is really a primitive vehicle,
British of course.  I have loved it from the day I got it in 1960.
Lee

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occas...)
Message from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occas...)