Subject: [Leica] Pollution
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Jan 28 02:21:18 2006

Sometimes things turn up...

Many of you will be aware that there was a huge fire at petrol depot in
Buckinghamshire on 11th December last. I thought I had some photos but that
they
had got lost. Now they turned up and I developed them. The results are below.

The fire started at 6 am on a clear, calm, cold day with a huge explosion
which
could be heard in Holland, about 150 miles away. With many tanks burning
there
was a very large and dense cloud of smoke. The plume rose and spread
southwards.
By mid-afternoon the cloud had reached us.

I took the dog out for a walk to see what could be seen from my favourite
viewpoint. There was not enough of a view north from there. This view is
looking
south west towards the English Channel. At this time (about 4pm) the cloud
edge
was about ten to fifteen miles further south.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album354/PollutionCloud

3.5 cm Summaron f22 1/500th

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album354/PollutionCloud2

3.5 cm Summaron f22 1/200th