Subject: [Leica] Leica #245?
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Wed Jan 25 12:45:25 2006

> Could this really be Leica #245? It's been upgraded to a III, but
> still...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9993d

I'm suspicious Feli.  It would have had to undergo extensive physical
upgrading to add slow speeds, a new top with RF and chrome outside parts
along with new leather/vulcanite. It has had a standardized mount added (0).
It looks like an ordinary III to me with a screwy number.  The original #
will be inscribed on the top under the top plate.

Note the history on this piece.  Reminds me of my pistol collecting days
when they were all "taken from a German general".

Caveat emptor...

JB