Subject: [Leica] OT - Konica Minolta Scanners
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Wed Jan 25 02:08:18 2006

Bob Shell has asked KM USA about the scanners at my
request on the Rollei list as part of a more general
query - this is what he said:

"I just talked to my KM USA contact on the phone.  KM
USA will
continue to operate until the end of March, which is
the end of their
fiscal year.  After that time all service and support
on KM products
will move to Sony USA.  This includes scanners.
Products will
continue to be sold until stocks are exhausted.  The
Minolta
factories that make lenses and SLR cameras will
continue to operate,
and will make products on an OEM basis for Sony.  So
you may well see
the current 7D and 5D cameras appearing under the Sony
name in the
near future.  The new camera that Minolta and Sony
were jointly
developing will appear late summer/early fall,
probably first showing
at photokina.

It will be interesting to see how this all develops.

Bob"

So...who knows what the future holds?

Nick

--- pmcc <pmcc_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Frank,
>
> As to scanners, I'm similarly situated and share
> your
> concerns.  I guess one way to ask the question is,
> will KM or its relevant successor-in-interest
> continue
>
> to support existing scanners with software upgrades
> as
>
> computers and their operating systems continue to
> evolve?
> Or will users have to make do with 3rd party
> support,
> such as it is?
>
> Another question:  does this particular scanner do a
> decent
> job on b&w silver film?
>
> Sorry if these questions rehash prior discussions
> that I may have missed.  The demise of KM puts the
> issue
> in a whole new light.
>
> PMCC.
> SF, CA

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a
photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] OT - Konica Minolta Scanners and ???)