Subject: [Leica] Piezography Permanence
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Jan 24 09:46:33 2006

LUG:

For those who are concerned about the permanence of digital prints

A photographer sent this message to Jon Cone
about some Piezography prints that survived Katrina:

>Illustrated you will see a scan of the Piezotone
>print that survived 20 feet of salt water and
>three months in the blazing southern sun. This
>print was framed and you can see the mark that
>the mat made but the print area is pristine and
>exactly matches the image before the storm. In
>the other image you will see the site of the
>house where the image was found- the house that
>the print was in was completely demolished, this
>house was next door. These prints, two of about
>fifteen were found showed no evidence of fading!
>
>These prints are tough- no silver print would
>have survived in tact this trial, we are still
>looking for images and yet to find any more but
>they may be buried beneath the rubble in the
>house which is about 150 yards northeast of the
>original site. Your prints survive! The print
>was printed on Hanem?hle Photo Rag the Piezotone
>ink was Warm Neutral with Museum Black.

The message was accompanied by the photos but I
couldn't include them in a message to the
LUG.  Here is the photographer's web site:
http://www.tinafreeman.com/NewB&W/index.html

Another Tina ;-)

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com